[OM] Re: This would never happen with your OM images

Subject: [OM] Re: This would never happen with your OM images
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:13:34 +0100
Moose wrote:

> Part of my problem is that I bought that 4000 dpi scanner.
> Great performer, but the files are large and pile up. My
> long term project of scanning old film is partly on hold for
> summer, when I'd rather be out in the sun, and partly for lack
> of a backup strategy that I'm comfortable with. I've got a DVD
> burner and big stack of blank DVDs, but I think I need to get
> a program to catalog all the images and keep track of whre they
> are before putting them off the HDs. Any new contenders since
> the last thread on this?

I have printed off, on inexpensive A4 paper, thumbnails of my scanned
images (would work for digital, too, of course). I store them with the
slides (you could store them with the CD and/or slides). There are about
25 thumbnails to a page.

It means I can find the right slide or the right image on HDD (or
CD/DVD) with ease. I'm pleased with that, and recommend it. Paint Shop
Pro does the file-named thumbnails for me. I can't work out how to do it
in Photoshop Elements.

Regards,

Simon Worby