[OM] Re: 6/9 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 6/9 fragment of my day
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:01:50 -0500
Quoting Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Yup.  Of course the photographer didn't have any part in
> it, eh?

Thanks, Chuck, for the implied compliment, though it's a bit
like stealing candy from a baby with my lovely big window
over the breakfast nook and the tolerance of my bride for
Bogens on the table top. :)

I just meant that the E-1 +180/2.8 is another one of the
more congenial couplings of the old and new, I gather like
the E-1 and 200/4 (my old one of which Schnozzy now owns and
I miss it horribly at times with its beautiful silver nose).
But the 180/2.8 is some solace for that. :)

I continue to be impressed with focusing on the E-1 screen.
I know it's not as great as with my OM-2S or OM-4 and
2-series screen, but I honestly don't find myself yearning
for the wonderful OM viewfinder as I thought I would.  I'm
extremely lucky to have a good focusing eye and the diopter
adjustment is a critical factor to get right.  (In my
opinion, the adjuster on the dioper is a little too easy to
change by casual bumping -- yet another thing that needs to
be checked from time to time.)

Joel