[OM] Re: 6/9 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 6/9 fragment of my day
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:25:32 -0400
> Nothing spectacular, but I've been trying to catch some very shy orioles
> that are nested somewhere close by.

Nice catch. This brings up another topic: Shots that got away. Last week I
was walking toward the top of the alewife fish ladder at Damariscotta Lake,
minding my business, thinking about angles of shots and what I'd just done,
etc., when a bird flew out of a tree directly in front of me. It was an
oriole, and it had been sitting in the tree slightly above the level of my
head, close enough for me to have filled the frame of my E-1 with 50-200
attached. Damn fine shot, blown through inattention.

Sigh.

--Bob