[OM] Re: An English apology ! [OT]

Subject: [OM] Re: An English apology ! [OT]
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:58:42 +0000
Oops!  Looks like I forgot to answer (or dodged) the question.  "Opportunities"
is the subject of the sentence.  "There seems to be" is a prepositional phrase,
and "employment" is an adjective modifying "opportunitites."

I could be wrong.  I haven't diagrammed a sentence in x+y years.  I don't think
I even remember what a gerund is anymore.  I had a couple of gerbils once,
though, but that's not the same.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from