[OM] Re: Perpetual OM gathering place - Market Research

Subject: [OM] Re: Perpetual OM gathering place - Market Research
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 06:56:31 -0700 (PDT)
Moose wrote:
> Where do I sign up? What's the best season? Spring for
> flowers, falling water, etc., or Fall for leaves?

Thank you!  Finally a serious question about this.  Sometimes
posting something on this list is like spitting into the Grand
Canyon--might be fun, but not too productive.  :)

This location is surrounded by terrain that is beautiful in
every season and weather condition.  Even a dreary, foggy, rainy
day will give you some opportunities.  Maybe not the vistas, but
excellent opportunities regardless.  As it has hundreds of miles
of shoreline available with varying types of terrain-water
interaction, water with multiple shades of emerald, blue and
purple, forests, orchards, rivers, tiny lakes, big lakes, etc.,
it is a well stocked buffet of photographic options.

Seasonal what to see/do:

Winter: Snowscapes, water scenes (icy lighthouses, etc).
Recreational options include skiing, snowmobiling, ice-boating,
ice-fishing...

Spring: Orchard blossums.  Hundreds of thousands of acres of
orchards.  Various other wildflower opportunities abound, but
they won't happen to May.  Benefit of this time of year?  No
bugs yet and the primary tourist season hasn't arrived yet.
Recreational opportunities include fishing, golfing, white-water
kayaking/canoeing (very cold, though)...

Summer:  You name it, it's got it.  I can't think of anything
other than massive mountains that this area is missing.
Recreational opportunities include fishing, golfing, canoeing,
boating, water-skiing, sailing, bicycling, slapping bugs,
hiking, visiting touristy spots and mountain biking to die for
(and from if you take on the extreme trails with planks running
through trees).

Fall:  Can you say "color"?  Maples mingled in with pine trees,
birch, and other awesome leaved trees.  There is one road that
is world-famous for it's trees. Imagine a miles-long tunnel of
trees--all in full-color.  Recreational opportunites include all
of the previous ones plus EATING the fruits of the orchards.

This is an area where something is going on almost all the time.
The only time of year that would be considered the doldrums is
late March through April.  Last snow can still happen in May.

It actually sounds like a nice place to live.

AG

Never spit in a man's face--unless his beard is on fire.

http://mail.yahoo.com