[OM] Re: Anybody going to Supercomm in Chicago?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anybody going to Supercomm in Chicago?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
<Paul vented about Nortel>

My favorite Nortel story is about an upgrade to our DMS-100/200
switches that was being forced on us to a tune of about
$7,000,000 each.  This was less than a month after we had just
spent a similar amount of money upgrading them.

Had we waited a month, the double upgrade would have only cost
us about $50,000 more.  But Nortel did a nice job of not telling
us what was coming.  The real clincher?  The second $7,000,000
upgrade gave us absolutely no new features or capabilities.

Five sites times seven million is a chunk o change.  Vendor "x"
would have replaced our entire system with soft-switch
technology for about the same price.  We announced our "plans"
to Nortel...

We got the upgrades for $50,000 and they upgraded a bunch of
DMS-10s at no cost.

They're still sleeze-buckets and we are deploying soft-switch
technology next to the 100's just to keep them halfway honest.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/