[OM] Re: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2

Subject: [OM] Re: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:57:11 -0400
Well, 40mm (or 42mm) used to be pretty much a standard for Oly 35
compacts.  I particularly like them better than the 40mm.  We've gotten
used to 50mm as a "standard", for sure, but that little bit of extra
width, with the completely natural and unobtrusive perspective, makes a
helluva difference to ME.  If I could afford the Zuiko OM pancake, I'd
have at least one.  If Maitani were still at the helm, I'd be emailing
him every day for a 40/f1.2.  I'm sure no one else at Olympus today
would listen.

Earl