[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:10:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2005 12:53:15 PM Central Standard Time,
tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK, I  have to weigh in on this one.  This essentially claims that the E-1,
with Digital Zuikos, produces results equal to my D2X with a 35mm-intended
lens.

Ridiculous. Irrational. Unsupportable.

Just flat  wrong.

Could I argue that it could match a D70?  Sure.

A  D2X?

No way.

Happy to accept the challenge  :)

Tom

Tom,  Nice soap box you have there, my friend.  You know we  Zuikoheads are
still happily using our old soap boxes.  Guess the proof is  in the pudding and
as long as I like my pudding, I'll keep using my OM/e-1  gear.  Bottom line
for old "Bottom Line Bill" is that no one has to be  either right or wrong on
these issues and it is afterall just a tool.  It  would be hard for this
semi-pinheaded sometime pinholer to even get  involved in this conversation.
Yep,
it is just a tool used for creating an  image and the image is where to rubber
hits the road.  Keep burning  that film and those pixels.  Ain't photography
great?  [8^) Bill  Barber