[OM] Re: Epson 1800 - B&W quality?

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson 1800 - B&W quality?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:46:40 -0500
On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:35:03 -0500, Paul Braun wrote:

>However, I haven't seen any reports on how this thing prints with B&W
>negs.  Do I still need to set up a darkroom for that, or can I just develop my
>own film and then scan and print to the Epson with satisfactory results?

>I just like the idea of being able to print my own color shots without all
>that
>equipment, chemicals and associated learning curve.

To be honest, I've only done a little bit of B&W printing with my 1800. I
already have a darkroom, so there's nothing new for me to set up.

That said, given the quality of the output in my color work, and the quality of
my initial b&w prints, I'd absolutely plan to scan negs and print digitally
before I'd set up a darkroom.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company