[OM] Re: LWMNBN (was "Re: Obituary")

Subject: [OM] Re: LWMNBN (was "Re: Obituary")
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:40:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 11 May 2005 jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The thing you just want to ask somebody from Olympus is "Are
> you getting enough back from what you're putting out there
> for the E-series line to survive?"

Given that Olympus Japan just reported a yearly loss for the first time in
many years, I'd say the answer to the general question is "no".  Of course
we can't know how the E-series in particular are doing, but in general the
entire camera division isn't doing as well as it should be.  Hopefully
Olympus can turn it around with all the changes they're making.

> I see myself laying down the dough for the 7-14 and then
> several years later saying to myself, "You'd have been way
> ahead if you'd just spent that money on the CWMNBN."

Just keep reminding yourself, it's only money, it's only money :-)
                                -mark