[OM] Re: Obituary

Subject: [OM] Re: Obituary
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the good words Winsor.

The bad part is that I have no idea what to replace it with.  I posted my
impressions of it when I got it a couple of years ago.  I don't take pix of
people, but one of the first pix I took was of my pixshy wife as part of test
and getting to know it.  It was not even a full headshot portrait and when I
got the Wallyworld special 4X6 print, she exclaimed:

"Do I really look like that"?

You could see every pore on her face...

When it comes to the 8080Wideangle:

I went to the website and copied (below) what the dude said.  I was surprised
also to hear his conclusion.  This means that 8080 and the A2/A200 are back in
the game to consider, but what I really want is the E-1...

Boris

Which did better? If we're only going to talk about detail and sharpness then
I'd have to hand it to the C-8080 which performed extremely well, delivering
marginally more detail and in fact having slightly more accurate color (reds).
Obviously there's the sensitivity advantage, the C-8080 shot was taken at ISO
50 and the E-300 will perform much better (lower noise) than the C-8080 at
higher sensitivities.