[OM] Re: Resolution cameras are able to deliver

Subject: [OM] Re: Resolution cameras are able to deliver
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:51:18 -0400
I will admit that it's probably a stretch to equate number of bits per
pixel with actual capability.  However, any camera that delivers a raw
mode image is delivering a range that is at least one and possibly two
stop beyond what can be represented in a JPEG.  I call that 9-10 stops.

Not nearly so automatic but PW Pro has provided specific support for
exposure composites for at least a couple of years.

Chuck Norcutt