[OM] Re: Simple question about 'clear' screens

Subject: [OM] Re: Simple question about 'clear' screens
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 23:08:50 +0100
G R O A N.

I oversimplified a little.  1-11 has a clear central spot (with cross hairs)
in a ground glass screen, while 1-12 has a larger clear central spot (with
cross hairs) in a clear fresnel screen

1-5/6/7 have a (focal-length specific) microprism in a clear fresnel screen.

Thus the "clear" screens are not plain "glass", but have a fresnel pattern
on them to ensure even bright coverage.

I hope that was . . . illuminating.

--
Piers