[OM] Learning the E-1 pt 2

Subject: [OM] Learning the E-1 pt 2
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:49:35 +1200
Hi all,

Part-way through chores, decided I wasn't going to let any da**** camera
beat me so easily, and went back to the instructions.  Maybe the button I
thought is the shutter release was not the correct one?

Most of the general diagrammes of the body do NOT label the shutter button;
but eventually I found one that does.  So that's the right button, OK..
The explanation of auto focus seemed to indicate the shutter button goes in
quite a long way just to get confirmation of AF.  So I composed and
focussed a subject and firmly squeezed the ball of my index finger on the
button even further, to be rewarded with another sound, and the count of
available shots reducing from 200 to 199.  Point to me.  The shutter button
has to move a LOT more than for an OM body, to get a shot.  Or maybe it's
different. With the E-1, the OM technique of gently rolling the tip of the
finger
finger over, does not seem to apply. Maybe.

By the way, I had already chosen HQ (JPEG of about 1.25 MB) as the
recording medium. Another choice that should be exercised.

Brian