[OM] Re: Bicycling and shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Bicycling and shooting
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:12:48 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald MacDonald

Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I ordered this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
ku=39643&is=REG

> Hope it works!
>
> Tom
>
> I thought of that in bed last night. I keep meaning to supply myself with

> bits of Optech gear, which is well-designed for my life, as far as I can
> see. I'm sure it'll do fine.
>
> That's a lovely machine. I used to hanker after a Jack Taylor, but Fiona
> would never have got on a tandem with me..! I bet Debbie gets a good kip
> out back there while you pedal along waxing lyrical about your new
toys..!?

> I wish you both good health.

When I bicycle my shirt gets soaking wet. I wouldn't want a camera up
against it. A handlebar bag seems like the best choice.

OT. A few decades ago I got a Bob Jackson which was beautiful but not that
rigid. The Santana's which were designed later were much stiffer. The
Barcroft Columbia makes riding much more pleasant but they aren't for
everyone ... As with most recumbents they work very well at high speed, but
not everyone can climb hills with them.

-jeff