[OM] Re: ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??

Subject: [OM] Re: ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:00:00 -0300
on 15/04/2005 22:07, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> the other question is whether you prefer one or two touch zoom designs.
FWIW, I prefer two touch, despite the lack of DOF and infrared marks. Makes
me feel more certain when focusing and when composing. In other words, two
touch designs keep focusing and cropping/composing as different
hand-functions, and won't creep. Only thing I dislike is when going
hyperfocal, rather difficult albeit sometimes necessary with long lenses.

on 15/04/2005 23:52, John A. Lind at jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Both have rotating
> front elements.  The Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5 does also.   It's a common
> "feature" [??] with zoom lenses . . . both variable and constant aperture .
> . . and doesn't escape the high end ones either.
Amazing isn't it?.... Me too thinks ">I suppose it would be too much to ask
for it to have a front element that doesn't rotate!". Perhaps I'm spoiled by
polarizer using :^)

Fernando.