[OM] Re: Zuiko 18mm and 21mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 18mm and 21mm
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:32:35 -0700
Mike Hatam wrote:

><big snip>
>My lens collection, on the wide end, has a few holes.  I think the Zuiko
>24mm Shift and the Zuiko 18mm lens would fill them nicely.  I'm also curious
>to try the Zuiko 21mm lens to compare it to the Zeiss.  Since the Zeiss
>currently costs around $2,100, it would be nice to have a more affordable
>alternative at that focal length.

As before, there is only one version of the 18/3.5.

There are 2 versions of the 21/3.5, single-coated, marked "G.ZUIKO" and
multi-coated, marked simply "ZUIKO", with or without a following "MC".

There is only one version of the 21/2.  I've never use a 21/2. As far as
I can tell, it's only advantage over the f3.5 is in speed. If you
usually work at f5.6 or below, I don't think you will see any difference.

Multi coating is probably more important in very wide angle lenses than
others, to help control flare. My 21/3.5 is MC.

Moose