[OM] Re: Digital, digital, Part 2 and good-bye for now.

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital, digital, Part 2 and good-bye for now.
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:43:26 -0700
Well put Walt!

I agree with you. Currently, for me, I just don't enjoy the process of
shooting digital, and I certainly don't need to spend any more time in
front of a computer screen than I already do!

I am glad that folks are happy with their digital cameras be it Olympus
or otherwise. I just have no real interest in going digital in the near
future.

I believe that all of this thread started when some list members
suggested that they might be leaving the list because of the lack of OM
related postings. Regardless of how one feels about the issue of ' what
the list should be' or digital vs film I think it is important to
recognize that the list cannot be all things to all people. While it may
make sense to continue to discuss the E-1 and E-volt on this list it
does mean that some people who have no interest in digital will most
likely find the list of little value. The reverse is of course true as
well, those who have moved on to digital will not have an interest in a
list that is strictly film based.

Having  spent a fair amount of time reading all of these digital vs film
posts recently and skipping a bunch of other threads that have little or
no interest to me I have come to the realization that I don't really
have the time to sort through the list with it's current volume of
posts. Not to say that there are no postings that are of interest to me,
it just takes to much time to sort through them all. There is a wealth
of good information on this list OM, Digital and general photography
related. Unfortunately with three kids graduating (one from college, and
two from high school) and my business entering it's busy season some
things have to go and this list is one of those things.

I will most likely check back when I have more time on my hands, but I
am saying good-bye for now.

Jim Couch