[OM] Re: travel kit

Subject: [OM] Re: travel kit
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:31:52 -0300

> > The 81a filter,

> Yes, I have one of them, though never been to such a high altitude so
>find it useless. Personally, I would use a skylight 1a and a polarizer.
> I wouldn't like to see all my slides warmed by a 81a.... and if the
> atmosphere is bluish and shinny up there, why no capture it so ? You
>could warm them up w/PS later.

> Have a nice trip and take care
>
> Fernando

At altitudes of 8 to 12,000 feet, a polarizer turns the blue sky almost
black, so I mostly don't use a polarizer at all in the mountains because it
darkens skies too much. And I've found a 1a filter is pretty much useless
for what I was trying to accomplish, as is a UV filter.
Like you, I rarely ever use an 81a here, as I live in eastern Canada and the
highest hill around my home is probably less than 1000 feet above sea level.
Of course slides can be put into PS and warmed up, but there is no practical
way for me to get the warmed up version back out of photoshop and into the
projector.
Wayne
(sorry for the blank post)