[OM] Re: Efke/Adox was Safekeeping T20 TTL connectors

Subject: [OM] Re: Efke/Adox was Safekeeping T20 TTL connectors
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:16:26 +0100
Walt

I have a couple of questions for you:

On 11 Apr 2005, at 14:18, Walt Wayman wrote:

> I rate Efke 25 at -- surprise, surprise -- 25 and develop it at the
> usual 20C/68F for 7 minutes in R09 1:40 or for 8 1/2 minutes in D-76
> 1:1.  I will alter these times by 30 seconds or up to 1 minute
> depending on the subject matter and whether or not I'm trying to
> increase or decrease contrast.

What makes you increase or decrease contrast?  Is it perhaps where the
lighting has been flat or too emphasized?

> Also, this film should be given a 1-minute water bath prior to
> immersion in the developer.  Other than that, just handle it like any
> other B&W film.

What's the water bath for?  I have been doing this for a few months
now, just to equalise temperatures, but the water comes out purplish
from FP4 or HP5.  I probably know the answer, but I have forgotten so I
am sorry if you have already mentioned it.

Chris