[OM] Re: Is OM Zuiko lens resolution enough for the E-300?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is OM Zuiko lens resolution enough for the E-300?
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:07:16 -0400
Germaine to digital and sensors, I just read through (mostly) this paper
by a Kodak engineer, though written nearly 4 years ago:
<http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/digital/ccd/papersArticles/ultimateSensor.pdf>

Interesting that the graphic on page 3 places the 4:3 sensor in the
"prosumer" category and is topped out at ~9MP.  Progress in EK puts it
at 12MP, but interesting to note that at time of writing "professional"
was considered in the 16MP range.

Not intending to start a pixel war... I am not of the belief that more
pixels is the ultimate goal.

Had fun shooting with my SP today...

Earl