[OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?
From: Tom A <olympus_user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 05:49:52 -0500
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Trend Micro.  So far, I haven't seen
them "on the shelf" in any stores, perhaps that's why.  They've been
really good for a long time, especially with their corporate products.
The online Housecall check works great as well.

In long experience with these things, I found that TM will detect virii
the others won't, and uses a much simpler interface.  I used to have the
corporate, courtesy of my former employer.   I've tried several "cheapo"
methods, currently using  Kaspersky based AVP, which has almost NO user
interface.  Going to buy Trend Micro Antivirus pretty soon, running the
demo now on my home PC.   Laptop is using Norton, going to convince the
boss to change it, though.

My biggest concern with all these guys is really licensing - I have 4
PCs online most of the time. I hate to buy copies for each one.