[OM] Thank You (the OM-4 lives !)

Subject: [OM] Thank You (the OM-4 lives !)
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:27:21 +0100
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick thank-you to everyone who responded regarding my sick OM-4.
I had assumed that a set of SR44's that powered the OM-2n would
therefore power the OM-4.  Obviously not that simple !  Bought a pair of
SR44's from the local Shepherd (sorry, that should be Chemist - but at
2GBP each I feel like I've just been fleeced !) and it beeped and sprung
back to life.  I'll be bulk-ordering some SR44's ASAP as a just-in-case.
I hadn't realised I didn't have any spares !

Also, a big thank-you to everyone who has replied with responses to my
Mac vs PC question - both on and off list.  Much of it has been
extremely helpful.  Time (and most likely the next paycheck !) will tell
which I go for.  I am leaning towards trying a Mac, partly because I do
slate M$ quite a lot really and I think perhaps I should just "stop
moaning and do something about it".  At least then I'll know.  If I
return to M$ then it's through an informed choice, and I can have no
justification for cursing at M$ in the future !!

In the meantime, I am going to have a play on a friends new Dual
Processor G5 this evening.  By tomorrow I may be more decided, or more
confused !!

Regards,

Jon