[OM] Re: OM body - versions

Subject: [OM] Re: OM body - versions
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:47:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 Rene.Glad@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I Came across an OM1n "gold" -version on E-bay just the other day, but as
> far as I can tell from various web-pages, only the M1 and the OM1 was ever
> produced as a "gold" version by Olympus.

M-1's were never produced in gold.  In fact, Olympus Japan never produced any
OM bodies in gold.  The golden OM-1's that you read about were produced by
the Olympus distributor in the Netherlands as gifts to selected dealers.
There's also a version of a golden OM-2 produced by the German distributor.
The one you see on eBay in neither of those, it's something someone put
together.

> The chance of getting hands on a M1, how big is this? I never saw anything
> for sale, only pictures and descriptions, and what would be the general
> price for a M1 - body?

They're around, keep looking.  In fact, the body is the easiest part to get,
the M-SYSTEM lenses and accessories are more difficult to locate.  You may
find my M-1 web page useful: http://olympus.dementia.org/M-1
                                        -mark