[OM] Re: OM body - versions

Subject: [OM] Re: OM body - versions
From: Steve and Alicia Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:56:13 -0500
Rene.Glad@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi guys and girls!
> I am wondering of which models comes in chrome, black, titanium or even gold.

The 1's and 2's came in black or chrome. Mostly chrome.
The exception here was the OM-2SP (OM-2S), which only came in black.
The 3 was only black, the 3T was more of a charcoal grey.
The 4 was only black, The 4T was first made in an off chrome color
called "champagne", and then made only in black.
10, 20, 30 came in chrome or black. Mostly chrome.
PC, 707, 808, black only.
2000 "bronze black" only.
There was never a "titanium" color, but the 3T and 4T have titanium top
and bottom covers and lens mount surrounds. (The main carcas was still
aluminum)

> Is ther any litteratur - as for Leica - describing the history and camera
> models from Olympus - I am thinking the M - OM series!

The best information we have is from the url's others have posted, and
several books. ("The OM Way" and the series by Carl Shipman)
We discussed writing our own book at one point, but it never materialized.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa