[OM] Re: Lens cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens cleaning
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:07:34 +0000
Speaking of ROR:

http://members.cox.net/gmhsint/CleaningSupplies.htm

If the use of Kimwipes is approved in the opinion of Schneider (of whose lenses
I have eight) and competent technicians like John H. (of whose services I have
not yet availed myself, but intend to presently) then they're good enough for
an old hillbilly like me.  :-)

As for these miracle lens cleaning cloths, I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot
pole.  Whatever crud is on the lens gets picked up by and embedded in the
cloth, so unless you launder it after every single swipe, with every subsequent
"cleaning" of a lens surface, you're just grinding  away with the
previously-captured crap.

Walt, with 50+ lenses and 0 cleaning marks

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx