[OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol

Subject: [OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:27:58 +0000
I'm not a seller -- not yet, anyway, although I do have a bushel and a peck of
stuff that needs to go to somebody who really, really wants it.  However, my
experinence has been that most, but not all, sellers wait to see if the buyer
is satisfied with what they "won."  (That term has to be a joke; right?)  If
the buyer is happy and leaves appropriate feedback, the seller usually, but not
always, recopricates.  That's pretty much how I intend to operate when I start
selling.  If the buyer doesn't like the perfect item he's "won" and, by
reasonable effort to placate him, he refuses to be satisfied, then I'm sure as
hell not going to jump the gun and leave good feedback before I find out what a
jerk he is.  I may even go looking for him if he's not too far away.  :-)

I recently "won" a Mamiya L2 prism finder for my new-to-me (and such a
wonderful thing I kick my ass for not having one years ago) Mamiya RB67 Pro-S.
It is in LN condition, except one of the latches that attaches it to the camera
was badly bent, as if someone had carelessly jerked it off a camera body
without fully releasing the locking mechanism.  It was so badly out of shape
that it wouldn't even attach to the camera.  However, I was able to straighten
it out with a pair of needlenose pliers so that it now works perfectly,
although it is still apparent that it has been bent.  I'm not sure whether to
leave good feedback, assuming generously that the seller didn't notice this
flaw, or just blow it off and leave no feedback at all.  I don't want to get
into a pissing contest, because I'm not good at those things.  I tend to
over-react and pursue a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners policy.

I've considered sending an e-mail explaining my conundrum, but I really don't
care enough to deplete my diminishing brainpower composing such correspondence;
I'd rather save what little is left for pontificating and annoying people here.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --