[OM] Re: Out after TOPE shot

Subject: [OM] Re: Out after TOPE shot
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:08:27 -0800

>This is one of the few places where a long mirror lens would work..

Indeed Moose, but it's not usually possible to get a background free shot.

>That's why I use FM Web Presenter. It does just that....

Yeah, I'm going to have to give it a try. Much too slow experimenting
the way I was doing it. FM's actions are sure easier than reinventing
the wheel. I use intellisharpen a lot and have had good success with the
step interpolation one too. Have yet to try the one which combines two
different exposures. Nothing one can't do with a little PS knowledge but
it sure saves time.

>For an image like this, I would select the sky...

I thought of selecting the sky, invert selection and then sharpen. A lot
of trouble though and I'd only do it for a print.

>What do you mean by " reducing the pic".  Do you mean the overall size
>or a crop of the original (which is what it looks like)?
>
>Chris

Chris, the larger image is nearly a full frame. Subject was only about 25m
away. The smaller one is a crop of the larger. By 'reducing' I meant going from
the 4000dpi scan to web size. Yes, a lot of work but I did it mostly to learn a
little so don't consider it time wasted.

Thanks for the kind words and constructive input as usual
Mike