[OM] Re: E1 Zoom--I could be convinced

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 Zoom--I could be convinced
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:12:44 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>I've got to say, that the 14-54 lens that came with this E-1 is
>beyond outstanding!  Very little optical distortion
>(barrel/pincushion) and very close focusing!

Congats! And what's the new baby's name? :-)

>Did you know that the E-1 with 14-54 is almost identical in
>size/shape/weight to my OM-4, with Winder-2 and 200/4?

And that's good? Lets see now, 54mm is 108mm eq. for 35mm and the lens
is f3.5 at 54mm. How does it compare to OM-4 with no winder and 100/2.8?

>Any thoughts that the 20D was the way to go have been
>effectively neutralized. Even my idiotic test shots rock! ISO
>400 is absolutely not a problem.  3200 is a disaster, but
>actually about the same as my A1 at 400.

As a few of us have been gently pointing out from time to time, the
difference between the smaller sensors of the Prosumers and the DSLRs is
really a BIG deal. All of the current DSLRs take really wonderful images.

>But that lens is definitely a "Wow!"
>
>AG (the joy of new toys) Schnozz

How fun for you!

Moose