[OM] Out after TOPE shot

Subject: [OM] Out after TOPE shot
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:52:26 -0800
Woke up the Madrugada Mutt before the crack of dawn Sun the 13th. She's
a real sound sleeper and worthless watchdog so I had to kick the
doghouse to get her up.  Headed out to see if we could get a possible
TOPE shot or two in the can. I can't comment on that yet but did get
this fellow a little after sunup.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/eagle2.jpg  (202kb)
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/eagle2a.jpg  (132kb)

He/she was eyeing this fellow and mates.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/rabbit1.jpg  (116kb)

The second shot is a blown up crop of the first to better show some more
of the detail in the original scan. I used the OM4T, Tamron 300/2.8 with
stacked 2xa and 1.4xa on the Gitzo Studex steadied by hand. Still, not
the most stable set up. Wasn't practical to use the self timer as the
wind was a bit gusty. Fuji 400. Wish I hadn't used up all the Reala.
Scanned on the FS4000. This is the first time I tried reducing the pic
using a technique posted on photo net a while back. Basically apply a
lot of sharpening at first then reduce size by half, sharpen less and
reduce by half, sharpen even less, reduce, etc. I wasn't able to follow
the process exactly without converting to 8bit.  Anyway the result _is_
sharper  but I don't like the grainy background much. I guess i need to
experiment some more.

Mike