[OM] Re: On cameras and scams

Subject: [OM] Re: On cameras and scams
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:37:33 -0500
Speaking of scams, here's an email I got just today:

Deer Seller,

i'm need CameraDigital stok for my new uncle'store,Please let me know price
list.I am seriously want to buy your products, Please let me know the total
amount with the shipping cost by Fedex or UPS to Singapore

I have tried to find like this one in my smallcity, but not get yet .

My payment is by credit card. I will pay all fee from your merchant.

My credit card information will be sent through email after I receive the
total amount.

Please let me know your respond in further.

Thanks and have nice day,

steve

They always want multiples of the most expensive thing on the site, of
course (pleese send 10  E300)  Funny, when I tell them they have to pay by
bank check, they don't write back.  Any cc numbers they supply are usually
stolen.  They use a Singapore address that is on the outskirts of the city,
more in Indonesia than Singapore.  In Indonesia, corruption is very common,
makes cracking down on cc fraud very difficult, while in Singapore, the
Police are very hard on this kind of crime.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977