[OM] Re: #076

Subject: [OM] Re: #076
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:51:21 -0700
You bring back memories. I used to take my MG to Yellowstone Park when they
first opened the western roads in the spring. The pavement was bare but the
snow banks would be six to ten feet high. It was like driving a slot car.
There were no people and no critters so I could drive fast with little risk.
One day I came around a sharp corner and hit a big frost heave going way too
fast. I must have been airborne for at least 50 feet and the landing was
very hard but there was no immediate damage. About two years later I hit a
chuck hole and broke off the suspension on the right front. It had probably
been damaged in the previous landing. I sometimes wish I had that little
rascal back.  /jmac