[OM] Re: Images from the Archives - 5

Subject: [OM] Re: Images from the Archives - 5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:37:03 -0800
Glenn Stauffer wrote:

>So, that's your house, eh?  Sure hope you don't mind a summer guest.

Yeah, that would be nice! We were just visiting a friend who rents a
very modest little trailer house there for a week each year. The
postcard view is from the rental, as is the sunset in #3
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Lobster.htm>.  The sunset was taken at
the end of our al fresco lobster dinner on the deck .  A great thing
about Maine for us is that we can stay many places there free with
friends. Nice as it is that one of them is now here, now we don't have a
cabin on Moosehead Lake to visit. :-(

>The first version is a bit too blue for my tastes.  I've noticed the
>same thing with all my Maine shots from this past summer's trip to
>Monhegan Island.

That looks like a nice place. Not sure I'm ready to settle on just one
place there yet, though. Last visit, Oct. last year, we visited lots of
places. Camden and the surrounding country are quite beautiful and
photogenic. We also stayed a few days on Mt Desert Island, which is
wonderful. To someone who lives at 1000 feet partway up a hill, the sign
on top of this one tickled my fancy
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/FlyingMtn.htm>. Relatively un-tall as it
is, Flying Mountain is still a wonderful place to hike, with beautiful
views.

>Rebalancing the colors brings it back to about what my eyes see in real life.

In this case, maybe a bit of what it would look like on a perfect day,
without the subtle ocean haze/mist/whatever.

Moose