[OM] Re: REAL photographers buying E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers buying E-1
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:57:52 EST

In a message dated 3/15/2005 4:24:28 PM Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm a  serious tightwad here, so if anybody has recommendations
as to the location  of lesser expensive E-1s (refurb, etc) I'm
all ears. In fact, I'd even  entertain the thought of a used one
from a list  member.

Hey man, you aren't tight, you're just thrifty.  I bought mine about a  year
ago from Cameta auctions on ebay.  Best price, quick shipment and no
problems.  I also bought an extended warrantee from Olympus for about $80
which
allows me one check up and cleaning during the warrantee period,  which I
though
was an OK deal and not a bad idea.

Mine is not ready to go live somewhere else, as it barely broken in at this
point.  I did just ordered the 7-14mm, so some other stuff may have to find  a
new home.  Guess I better be pretty aggressive this weekend selling stuff  at
the camera show.  This may be a weak moment for those of your who have  been
hovering around my stash closet.  No, I won't answer your  emails.  I need it
all.  No, it can't come for a visit.  Bill  Barber, who can resist anything
except  temptation.