[OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!
From: "robert smith" <robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:02:51 -0000
I stare at a computer screen all day at work. I find it realy enjyable to
get away from the computer which is why I like to attempt to take good
pictures with my OM1n.
On Thursday I went to our local camera club meeting. We had a guest speaker
who had brought along a load of mounted pictures and slides to show us.
He used digital was displaying his knowledge of how to use computer software
to 'fix' his pictures.
Most of the pictures were very good, but it soon became apparent that he
spent a great deal of time cutting, adjusting, blending, stretching and
modifying his pictures.
He did show a couple of pictures shown 'as taken' and then 'as fixed'. The
two were entirely different. The 'as taken' pictures were nothing special.
Even I, with no skill, could get that sort of final result with hours of
fiddling with the computer.
My aim is to get some great shots with my camera at the taking stage and I
thought it a bit pointless to spend hours making a picture of a scene which
did not exist.

Rob

> Walt Wayman wrote
As some of you may know from a couple of my recent posts, I'm buying Mamiya
RB67 gear like a drunken sailor.  The reason: I'm not yet ready for digital,
and digital's sure as hell not ready for me.  I shoot only for my own
pleasure and don't give a rat's ass what anybody else thinks of my photos