[OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:34:04 -0800
Regardless of your preferences, this is nothing new. There have been
bah humbug articles, by professionals, periodically ever since the
advent of digital. I expressed my own share of bah humbug opinions as
well. What is has changed is that they are less frequent now. The
little blip in film camera sales is a result of the issuance of two new
professional 35mm film cameras. If Olympus issued a modern OM system
you would see a bunch of sales to people on this list. It does not say
anything about which way the technology is going.

The grousing below about digital problems are things that most are are
capable of dealing with. Migod, no one ever had to change a sparkplug
with a horse! I think you are right in your move to medium format. I
think it will be the photographic art medium for a long time. I think
if you actually had the sales figures the professional film sales
increases would be in medium format to people like you.

Digital is about 10 years old. Amazing isn't it? Don't you think that
10 years later in the 1930's people with their 60mm wide film in
folding cameras were still pooh poohing Oscar Barnak's silly Leica
camera?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA