[OM] Re: Jez's OM stuff's going on ebay

Subject: [OM] Re: Jez's OM stuff's going on ebay
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:51:33 EST
They bid higher than your reserve and ebay then placed their opening  bid at
your reserve bid level.  Subsequent bids by others, will "push" the  first
bidders bid until it reaches their maximum if that occurs.  If no bid  pushes
them to their limit, they will buy your item at less than their maximum  bid.

Generally when I sell something on ebay, I place my reserve at what I would
accept and then place a "Buy It Now" price at a point I would be very pleased,
 while still feeling the buyer got a decent price (value for their  dollars).
 I've found that many people will use the BIN feature.  I  have and will in
the future.  The BIN price goes away once your reserve is  reached and it is
not at all unusual for the final price to be above the BIN  price.  Bill Barber