[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:39:19 -0800
I have to agree. In addition an incident meter is merely the same meter
with a translucent dome of known qualities. If you point a spot meter
at an object with known quantities(photographic experience needed here)
you get the same thing. Examples of known quantities are a small grey
card, palm of the hand, green foliage, average rock tone, etc, or even
one of those photodome thingies for the front of your lens. And there
are times when an incident light meter is counter intuitive, like back
lit foliage or flowers. I used an incident meter a lot when I had a
Leica M3 with its wide field meter and with the Canon F1 after that. I
don't think I ever found the need for it after I got my OM4T and
finally stopped carrying the incident meter. On the occasion I take out
my Mamiya 7 I take the meter and find it useful.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA