[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:02:06 -0000 (GMT)

> Gene Wilburn wrote:
>
>> Again, very useful information and it has helped me
>> come to the short-term decision to stay with my OM-1's
>> for now. Longer term I'll keep an eye out for a nice
>> OM-4T should one cross my path.
>
> Honestly -- if you really like the 1, then upgrade to the 3 and NOT the
> 4T(i).
>
> Similar amount of money for an ultra-reliable mechanical camera ... a
> much more interesting and rarer beast than the 4T(i).

there are only a few problems with the om3 that I can see
1, repair is expensive. The mechanical speed stuff under the mirror failed
on mine and it became uneconomical to fix it
2, no easy way to do night photography (I don't own a light meter)
3. not so easy to do point and shoot (especially with slide film)
4. no mirror or app prefire or self timer

I love my om3 and if I could get it working again for sensible money I
would be very happy...

Regards
James