[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:41:52 -0500
However to clarify for everyone the two grips are not compatible across
different bodies.
The Grip 1 is only useable on the OM-2S, OM-3(T, Ti) and OM-4(T, Ti).
The Steady Grip 2 is only useable on the OM-G(20)

The reason is the location of the screw holes and the presence of the screw
holes.

I have just picked up a grip 1 for my OM-4, it came attached to a parts
OM-2S. In use it is similar to the grip on an OM-PC. I think they are one of
the most overpriced accessories for the OM system on the second hand market.
Lord knows why they are so hard to come by as they are genuinely useful, I
wonder why everyone didn't buy one with their OM body?

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ing. Radovan Faltus

It is Grip 1, which unfortunatelly became collector's item so
   it's funcionality is forever hiden for OM users with common sense who
don't want to pay nearly $100 for perfectly designed, but still $2 piece of
plastic. See 3875951227.
  Btw virtually the same accessory but OM20 dedicated, the Steady grip 2 is
sold for $5.

Radek