[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff.olympus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:53:10 -0800
The advantage of the OM-4(T) is the multispot metering. If you decide the
camera's meter will do everything you want, you will probably prefer the
OM-4(T) but if you primarily use your handheld meter you will probably
prefer the OM-1. Although I nearly always use an OM3 or OM4, the wind
mechanism in the OM1 feels smoother.

The sharpness variation in Gary's wonderful tests is just due to vibration.
If you damp the vibration with your hands or a bean bag, you will be able to
get better but not necessarily completely repeatable results.

-jeff