[OM] Re: OT - Fox hunting in Kyoto

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Fox hunting in Kyoto
From: Chris Savage <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:54:37 +0000
James N. McBride wrote:

>Most foxes I know enjoy the hunt, especially the "outwitting the hunter"
>part.
>
>Many countries do have a shortage of younger people or, perhaps, too many
>older people. Someone recently claimed we don't have a population explosion
>as much as we do a health explosion. People are living too long and we need
>more young people to support the old ones. I'm one of those old ones so this
>is serious stuff. Much more serious than fox hunting!

Great idea! The hunters can now go turn their humane methods on the
human population. That should sort out the population's age imbalance
nicely and think of the fun the ramblers will have in their last minutes.

There is no hunt around here and it shows. There's a three-legged fox
wanders the area but he's not interested in my neighbour's hens. Far too
many bins to raid.

--
Chris