[OM] Re: Calumet- Now, why not post WTB on list?

Subject: [OM] Re: Calumet- Now, why not post WTB on list?
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:18:15 -0600
Andy,
        Stacking rings can be purchased new for about $8 plus shipping. Here
is a link:

                www.adorama.com/MCMCR4949.html

        They also stock them in 49mm and 55mm at B&H Photo. Just do a search
on their website for "macro coupling ring".
        As an alternative, and a local source, it is pretty easy to find
"step-up" filter adaptors. I bought two "49 to 55" step up filter adaptors,
and glued the 55mm sides face to face with cyanoacrylic glue (Krazy Glue). I
was a little leary that the front lens would pop the bond, but they don't
call it Super Glue for nothing. The commercially made coupling ring looks
like it would bring the front elements a bit closer together than my
homemade adaptor, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Besides, if
you tire of the 2x to 8x magnification factor, just soak the rings in
acetone and you've got your step-up adaptors back.

Charlie