[OM] Re: Tokina SZ-X 60-300mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina SZ-X 60-300mm
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:07:58 -0800 (PST)
Bernard,
This lens was on the cult list and is available in OM mount.  Actually it is
very common on "that" website.
I don't have personal experience with any of the Tokina line, but did a
research on them a couple of years ago and from the readings got the general
impression that there is no difference in performance between the lenses in the
ATX and SZX lines, you only loose speed with the latter.  Someone wants to
confirm/dispute this statement?  I have never posted this question to the list,
but was always curious.
Ciao
Boris

Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Was the Tokina SZ-X 60-300mm f4/5.6 ever made in OM mount? And has
anybody experience with this lens? Not many compact 300 mm solutions
in OM mount ! (except 135/2.8 or 180/2.8 + 2xTC, if this is compact !)

Bernard

http://mail.yahoo.com