[OM] Re: #040

Subject: [OM] Re: #040
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:29:00 +0000
It is beautiful Moose, and I do hope that you get back to visit again;
do let us know if you do.  I should be quite happy to live in
Yorkshire, but for the fact that so many rich people have second homes
there.

By the way, since you are talking about England, it is "lying" about.
"Lie" is an intransitive verb in the UK, whereas "Lay" is a transitive
verb.

And if you think I am a stickler on the List, you should try being one
of my students ... ;-)

Chris
p.s. I was sorry to see that Arthur Miller died today.  I did not know
him personally, but he was part of a whole era.  cb