[OM] Re: [OT] Printing Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Printing Advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:55:20 -0800
Willie Wonka wrote:

>Nevermind, I found it:
>Image/image size...
>I adjusted it to the 5X5cm size I needed and specified 300 pixels per inch and
>the result was the same as before.

You can't specify both size and ppi without resampling. Unless you have
the Resampling Image box checked (PS), typing in either size boxes or
ppi box will simultaneously change the other.

Think about it logically. If you have an image 300 pixels wide, at 300
ppi, it can only be 1 inch wide.

Generally, you are better off just specifying the image size and letting
the ppi fall where it may. Even if the ppi is too low and the image
needs upsampling, the printer driver will generally do this as well or
better than the editing software, since it knows just what the printer
needs. Just be sure to pick the highest quality option in the driver.

Moose