[OM] Re: [OT] Printing Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Printing Advice
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:27:02 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all who gave me advice when I was having printing difficulties.
I am forced to take another picture of myself.
There is nothing wrong with the HW or SW as someone who has been helping me out
off list said.
The grainess comes from spots that are not noticeable at 100% magnification.
One can see them easier at higher magnifications.  They appear like dots on the
print (or actually blackheads to be more precise) but their shape is not oval.
Somehow during the resizing they get bigger.
I looked at other pictures taken with the same camera and did not have the
problem.
The only "theory" I am left with is that the light was too low for hanheld (I
still got a decent image though)
If anyone is still interested in this "phenomenon", please, contact me off list
and I will send you my right eye (crop of it...:).  Crop, because I have a
telephone connection and will take long time to transfer the whole picture.
Once again, thank you very much for your help.
Boris

Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe this is too obvious a suggestion, but why keep on wrestling with
Photoshop if it's making things so complicated? Irfanview
(www.irfanview.com, and I'm sure there are others) has a 'print' dialog
where you tell the printer how large you want the image to come out, and
it does the rest for you, dpi/pixels/etc are basically irrelevant.

Now, this doesn't give you the same sort of control as you'd get with
Photoshop, but it would certainly be a lot easier..

-- dan