[OM] Re: Why do digital cameras have a shutter?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why do digital cameras have a shutter?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:43:43 -0800
Pretty funny.  I remember using an Edixa Reflex when I was a kid (couple
centuries ago) with the waist-level finder and pop out magnifier.  I think
it was vastly superior to most EVFs I've had opportunity to view.

I disagree Winsor, I don't think they are that good.  EVFs, I mean!

--

--snip

As for current EVFs the traditional word viewfinder about describes it just
as it did the old wire frames you looked through to know where your camera
was pointed.

--snip