[OM] Re: please help on OM extension tube

Subject: [OM] Re: please help on OM extension tube
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:52:34 -0400

> Hi guys,  I'm new to this group. Need some help on extension tube. I want
> homebrew  a 25mm manual extension tube (MET25). Can someone measure the
size
> of the  extension tube from top to bottom ? is it 25mm then ? I'll be
using
> the  body plate from an om10 and lens plate from a 50F1.8 lens.  The
> mid-section... haven't got a clue yet.   any suggestion   ? Thanks in
advance

> Andy
>

> My suggestion, watch ebay and pick up a set of third party auto extension
> tubes for under $50.  Bill Barber

Perhaps if you were trying to modify a bellows from another mount, it might
be worth the bother, but for tubes, as Bill has advised, they go so cheaply
it is hardly worth the effort to make one. A 25mm auto tube can also be made
from a 2x converter, by removing the glass elements. It takes maybe 30
seconds to modify. The last two 2x converters I bought on epay were NIB for
a whopping $1.99 each, plus shipping - hardly worth trying to make one.
Wayne