[OM] Weddings with E10 or e20

Subject: [OM] Weddings with E10 or e20
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:43:44 -0500
Mike said:
It has been a very long time since I was active on this list although
I have kept up my subscription and do manage to read some of the
digests some of the time. I am in the postition of possibly needing to
back up our main photographer on weddings this summer. I generally do
not find our normal portrait/wedding camera, a Fuji S2, comfortable to
use. I do have an E-10 and can easily acquire an E-20.

   Has anyone on the list done weddings with either of these digital
cameras?
unlike some, he thinks there is enough difference between E-10 and E-20
to justify an upgrade.

While I've never owned an E-10 or 20, I do have a M*n*lta A1 which is a
later incarnation of a very similar camera with the same size sensor.
Small sensors, of course, suffer from noise much more so than larger
sensors.  As long as you can control the light and keep the camera at
ISO 80 you will probably be fine.  Since you own an E-10 you are
certainly aware of what its limitations might be with respect to making
large prints.  I'm sure it gets to 8x10 with no problem.  However, if
there was *any* opportunity to sell the bride & groom a 24x30 formal
portrait I'd be sure to use that Fuji S2 for that shot at least.

Chuck Norcutt